To make a Google custom search engine in WordPress blog is not that difficult.But many be the new bloggers do not know what is the benefit of this Google custom search engine .That is why i am inspired to make this post about how to make Google Custom Search Engine and how to place it in your WordPress in a desired position.
Google Custom Search Engine is a search option that will allow your blog user or website user to make search in your blog.You can define whether your user will get the result from your blog or from the whole web.If you have Google Adsense approved then you will be able to get revenue from this Google Custom Search because the Google ads will be visible above the search result and if any reader click on those ads you will be able to get revenue.
How The Google Ads From Search Result Look like:
Now let us come to the point on how to make google custom search engine for WordPress blog:
1. At first log in to your Adsense account and Click on “My Ads”.Then in this tab you will get one option named as “Search”.Then in the “Search” you will get one option named “Custom Search Engines” .Now click on “New Custom Search Engine”.
2. Now click on “New Custom Search Engine” and you will get the screen like below:
In the above screen you will need to put a name of the custom search engine.You can fill with any name.It would be better for you if you put your site name and keep the name like “Search Your Blog Name”.
Then you need to select whether your search engine will search the whole web or just your web.Click on anyone as you prefer.
Then you need to put some keywords which should be relevant to your blog.These are the keywords according to which your ads will be shown.So, be careful about selecting the keyword.
Leave the country or territory as it is which is “United states by default”.Select the language as English.
Add languages for translation if you want.Then in the search box style option choose your desired style and click on your chosen one which will match your blog.
Make the text box length as you wish.If you are going to set the search box in the sidebar then 25 characters will be suitable as i have defined for my blog.
3. When these steps are done simply click on “Save and Get code” to get the code of Google custom search engine.Now copy the code which will be visible in the screen.
4. Now the question is where you will paste the code and how you will set up the custom search engine in your blog.To do this you need to read the step 5.
5. Log in to your WordPress account admin panel and go to the Widget tab which you will get under “Appearance”.Now add the “Text” widget and it will be added to your sidebar.Adjust the positioning by changing the widget number.Now paste the code in the blank box and save it.You are done now.
If you are using Twenty Eleven theme in WordPress then you must not have sidebar in the single post page.So to enable sidebar in single post page you can read
If you enable the sidebar in every page then your custom search engine will be visible to each and every page and people will be able to see the search result from your blog or from web.
Himadri is a part time blogger. He loves to write on technology and technology related tips & tricks. Blogging is his passion! He is an Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer.