If you are in the field of blogging or working on the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of your site, then i am going to tell that Wikipedia links are having a great value and you must need to give some concentration to on how to get one Wikipedia link from a high pagerank wiki page. Below i am describing you the tips to get Wikipedia links from some high rank pages.
1. Try to find something on Wikipedia which is a very recent topic and you have some knowledge on it. Like i have some knowledge on “network coding”, so i found out that topic and started writing about that topic in my blog. You can also search for some topic like interview or online interview which are recent and rewrite the article in you blog.
2. Now the next step which you have to do is, you need to put your blog link as reference on the Wikipedia page that you want to connect.
3. In the Wikipedia pages you will be able to get two types of references : one is academic references which are publications and others are webpages or web publications like webpages. Those are stated as “External links”. You need to target on those external links and need to put your page link on those links.
4. You need to click on “Edit” on external link part to insert that link.
5. You must be very careful while inserting your blog link. Because you need to put that exactly in the same format that Wikipedia supports. You can see other external links to make sure which one is the correct way.
6. Now after inserting the link, you job is to remove any affiliate link or ad on that page of your blog. Because Wikipedia admins will not love to see those ads or affiliate links.
7. You can continue to do it for other blog pages which has relevant content. But do not do it frequently from the same IP.
I think the above tips will surely help you a lot to construct one Wikipedia link to your blog. Check whether the link is live or not after a week. If it is still on then you are successful to make that link.
If you face any problem then you can ask me for any solution about this through comments.
Himadri is a passionate blogger who writes for his technology tips & tricks related blog TechnTechie. He is also a PhD candidate at the University of Canterbury. Though it is hard to balance time in between research and blogging, he still manages time to work for his own blog and writes regularly. The dashboard of this WordPress is the only place where he does not feel tired!