If you are creating content online, it is only natural that you want people to know about it. We do our jobs not only for money, but also to get satisfaction and praise for what we have done. And no matter how selfless you think you are, we all strive for recognition.
Besides, promotion is what we use to find new jobs, spot interesting projects to take part in and get noticed in your niche.
So, there is nothing surprising about the fact that you want to promote your own writing. The only question that remains is how can you do it with social media?
Well, simply writing a post on how amazing you are won’t do the trick. But what will? Read on to find out.
6 ways to promote your online writing
- Create catchy headlines: After you spend time working on a single post, you want to promote your writing effectively. And for it, you need an eye-catching headline that will make the visitors want to continue reading. Professional bloggers state that you need to use power words to draw attention. Besides, you should create several titles for your article. The thing is that you don’t have to create new content all the time. You just need to play around with the titles to make more readers come to your website or blog. See what works better with your target audience – and stick to that plan.
- Choose the right time for content promotion: If you want to engage with readers, you need to post content at the right time. Thus, if you are writing articles for professionals, it is a bad idea to promote them during the working hours. They would rather go to check them during the lunch break or before and after work. So, if you want them to get noticed post during the right hours. Check out what the CoSchedule guys call the “best times” to post on social media in their article.
- Make it personal: Another great idea to make your content go viral is to make it as personal as possible. Let people see that your content has a face, and it’s your face. You should be real person, and not just another Silicon Valley Know-It-All “sharing wisdom.” State that you worked hard, put effort and thought into this piece of work and can’t wait to hear their feedback. Maybe people will find something you missed and did not include into your piece even though you tried to cover it all. Be open and genuine!
- Post it on Facebook: Facebook is one of the largest social media these days, so not publishing there is a huge mistake. Create a community where you will share your recent updates and post latest articles. Start using Facebook ads (they are not as expensive and complicated and expensive as you think), and see what else this network has to offer.
- Create posts on Twitter: Another giant network you should definitely take advantage of when promoting your content. Remember that the number of characters for a post here is limited, so you will need to learn how to be precise and informative using the space that you have. And remember to add inks to the post itself so that readers can follow it and familiarize themselves with your writing right away.
- Don’t start posting irrelevant comments on people’s posts to grab attention: Even if you are leaving comments under some posts, you need to make sure that they are relevant and not abusive. If you post random things, then you will simply be annoying which is of no use to your reputation and image. So, if you want to engage with new readers this way, make sure to be genuinely interested and share valuable thoughts. Bear in mind that your image is at stake.
Social media are a perfect place to promote your writing and get new readers. However, unless you do it right, it might turn out to be the biggest waste of your time. Use our tips to save time and grab the attention of the audience. If you have other ideas on how to promote your content, please share with us in the comments. We love to hear your ideas!