The blogging industry is not the same what it was before 5 to 8 years. Bloggers did not need to do that much hard work to rank page in Google for a particular topic. Google was not that strict to index pages and rank them. There were not a thousand algorithm to measure the rank of a page in Google. But now a days, this is really hard to survive in the competition. If you want to get a visitor from organic search, you really need to work hard in the field of search engine optimization (SEO). Getting the visitor is not the end. You will have to convince the visitor to make a sell. You need to convince the visitor in such a way that you get a returning visitor. Getting returning visitor is really important to get constant visitor to your blog. So, bloggers always look for different ways to get returning visitors. One of the most popular way to get returning visitor via blog subscription. You can read the post How I have Doubled the Number of Subscriber of My Blog to know about how to increase subscriber of a blog within short time. I have increased the number of visitors by using that way by 400%. I was looking for different ways to get returning visitors to my blog and I have found another easy and smart way to get returning visitor by using a tool. Now let me describe to you how to increase returning visitor of blog.
- Why I am Using Hostgator as Hosting Company for the Last 4 Years
- Best WordPress Hosting for Beginners; A Beginners Guide
The tool that I am talking about is PushEngage. This tool is free to use and you just need to sign up to use the tool. WordPress users will get a special advantage for this tool. That is why I always tell bloggers to blog in WordPress. This post about WordPress Why This is Important to Switch from Blogger to WordPress is a must for you if you are blogging in blogspot. If you are using a WordPress blog, there is a plugin for PushEngage. You just need to install it to make it work.
- How to Improve Blog Loading Speed within 45 Minutes?
- An Awesome Popular Post Plugin for Your WordPress Blog
- Best Way to Send Newsletter to Blog Subscribers
How PushEngage Work to Increase Returning Visitor of Blog?
PushEngage is a tool which gives browser notification to its subscriber. Which means, if you are visiting a blog, PushEngage will ask you if you want to allow push notification from my blog if I post a new article. If you click on allow, you will become a subscriber and you will get notification in your browser when a new post will be published in my blog. This tool only works for Google Chrome and Firefox browser, which are quite popular browser on the web.
- Why to Use A Premium WordPress Theme for Your Blog
- Get a Free Dofollow Backlink from Facebook with PA97, DA100
How to Enable PushEngage for Your WordPress Blog?
- PushEngage is free for up to 2500 subscribers. If you are using a small or medium size blog, you can easily use the free version of PushEngage. If you want to sign up, you can sign up here for PushEngage . The sign up is really easy and it will take only a few minutes.
- After signing up, you will have to install the PushEngage WordPress plugin from your WordPress dashboard. Activate the plugin.
- To synchronize the plugin to your PushEngage account, you will have to use API key which you will get under your account>>setting>>API Key like the below screenshot:
4. In this step, you set up your profile in PushEngage. Use a suitable logo in your installation setting which will display in your dialog blog.
5. The next step is to set the dialog box. You will get the dialog box settings under settings tab. You can customize the message and the type of the subscriber dialog box as per your need. I use the bell as the subscriber dialog box which appears on the bottom right hand side of the web page.
Now, if any new visitor in my blog clicks on the bell, he or she will get a new window which will ask whether the visitor wants to get the push notification from my blog. If they click on allow, next time if I publish a post, they will get a notification via their web browser. This is very likely that they will click on the web notification to know what is my new post about. This is an wonderful way to get returning visitors.
If you want, you can also send custom notification to your subscribers whenever you like. But this is always better to send notification in an interval which will not annoy your subscriber. So, now you know how to increase returning visitor of blog by using PushEngage.