If you are blogging seriously or updating your website regularly then “Subscribe” option is a very important option for your blog. This option gives your reader the opportunity to read your posts regularly in an easy way. Because when one reader or visitor of your blog subscribe to your blog, he or she gets each an every post in the email inbox when you update one post
The default Subscribe widget which is with Jetpack in WordPress is not that attractive and does not give you a lot of option to customize the widget. If you search for stylish widget for “Subscribe” option, you will not be able to get one stylish widget for free. So, i tried to get one free widget which will be customizable also and at the same time gives my blog a professional look. After searching i have got one plugin for Subscriber widget which is “WordPress Multicolor Subscribe Widget“. Thanks to “Design Aeon” for creating this nice widget plugin.
You can check one sample of this widget in my blog in the right sidebar and the heading says “Get Latest Posts“.
Features of This Widget :
1. This widget gives you the independence to make the title or heading of your widget anything that you want. As for you case i have tried to make the title of the widget more attractive so that people enter their email address naturally and subscribe my blog post.
2. You can change the color of the any of the part of the widget. To adjust the color you need to make the change in the color setting which you will be able to do it quickly just by clicking edit option of your widget.
3. After the email entering box, you can also customize the words that is showing. In my case it is “Go“. You can enter other words also like “Enter“.
4. You will be able to write any description just after the title of the Widget. Where you will be able to express what you want to tell it to your visitor.
How Install and Edit :
This is very much easy to install the Widget plugin and to edit it. Please follow the below steps:
1. From the figure above i think all the steps are clear. Still i am describing all the steps. At first, go to your WordPress dashboard and then keep your mouse on “Plugins” and now click on “Add New“. Now in the blank box search for “WordPress Multicolor Subscribe Widget” and you will get only one plugin with this name. Now click on “Install“. After installing “Active” the plugin.
2. Now you need to go to “Appearance” in your “WordPress” dashboard and then need to click on “Widgets” from the dropdown.
3. Now you will see that one widget with the name “Multicolor Subscriber Widget“. Click on Add and define the position and Edit other things as shown in the above figure and you are done!
After adding the widget , in the field “Enter Your Feedburner ID” you need to check it carefully. Because it is by default “design aeon” which is not your ID. You need to edit it and in this place you need to give put your Feedburner ID. Otherwise if someone enters his or her email address, he or she will subscribe the blog “Design Aeon” not your blog.If you face any problem to set this then you can read my post “How to Enable Email Subscription of Your Blog?“