These days, you can find almost anything online. With a quick trip to a search engines, you can access public libraries and online streaming websites in seconds. Here, we have compiled some of the best places to access your favorite books, audio-books, movies, and music online. You might want to bookmark these for future reference.
Movies and TV Shows
When it comes to streaming movies and TV shows online, the number one website most of us think of is Netflix. It’s free for the first month when you sign up for an account, but you will need to pay a monthly fee once your free trial has expired. Which, honestly, is not the worst news in the world.
An account with Netflix will give you access to your favorite movies, TV shows, cult classics, cartoons, and documentaries. Not only that, but Netflix also offers exclusive shows that you can watch in HD, such as Black Mirror, The Crown, and Marvel’s Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. Perhaps the best thing about Netflix is its most recent update, which allows users to save shows and movies for offline watching.
Now, we understand that paid streaming services are not for everyone, so we’re also filling you in on some of the best free online TV and movie streaming websites that you might go for. There are so many places to access free movies on the Internet, but the following websites are 100% legal and safe for your mobile device or computer.
- Crackle: Crackle streams a wide variety of movies and TV shows for free with commercial breaks in between. You don’t have to sign up for an account, but if you do, you can watch movies without having to enter your birth date every time. You’d also be able to create watch lists and add subscriptions. Crackle is free and 100% legal through its partnership with Sony Pictures.
- Snag Films: You can access over 10,000 movies and TV shows for free on this website. These are neatly organized into sections that make it very easy for users to navigate the content. There are also editor- and user-created lists that will guide you in your Snag Films movie marathon experience.
- Popcorn Flix: This ad-supported online streaming website offers a large collection of movies for you to enjoy. You can play a movie in seconds because it doesn’t require you to register for an account. You just have to sit through a few commercials before and in the middle of watching.
Ebooks and Audiobooks
Book lovers know that nothing’s sadder than looking at an empty ebook device. You’ll be surprised to know that there are actually a ton of free ebooks and audiobooks online, all of which are just waiting to be found. Out of the hundreds of websites offering free ebooks and audiobooks, however, we’ve narrowed it down to the two best: Playster and Audible.
- Playster: Playster is considered by many to be the Netflix of Books. This multimedia streaming website lets you read unlimited ebooks and listen to unlimited audiobooks for just $9.95 per month. You simply pay the flat fee and enjoy as much of their content as you want. The catalog is updated with new releases weekly and, aside from books, you can also access movies, music, and even games. Bookworms will be pleased to know that it currently has licensing deals with Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins and Harlequin, among many other major and indie publishers.
- Audible: Audible is a paid service that offers readers access to almost 200,000 audiobooks, all of which are available for purchase. A nice selection of titles is included in your standard monthly subscription and if you find that’s not enough and you want more audio-books to listen to, you can simply purchase them by using audible credits.
For years, people have been working on finding ways to grab their favorite songs and albums for free. Sadly, most of the options out there are illegal. With the emergence of music streaming apps and websites like Spotify and Soundcloud, people are now drawn to paying for music and actually supporting their idols.
Truly, online streaming, whether free or paid for, has changed the way we experience movie marathons, discover new music and catch up on some on-the-go reading and with so many great options out there, there’s really no reason not to get on board with streaming.